Sunday, January 23, 2011

Long time no blogging...

Well, It's been a while since I've blogged. I haven't really had too much to say and I haven't been doing anything exciting. It's been kind of nice. 

Anyway, tonight was the kick-off party for the Children's Choir at Church. We were going to do it last year and just kind of didn't follow through. This year we will even if I have to pull all my hair out to do it.

You see, I love my boys. I really do. However, they are BOYS through and through. They can't sit still for 2 seconds to listen. Well, mainly one of them can't still. It drives me crazy!!! I know people probably look at me and think 1 of 2 things. 1 - She really should get control of her children or 2 - Maybe she should take a chill pill since he is only 4. I probably should calm down but it drives me crazy when my children run around acting, well, like children. I know you probably think I'm uptight and I am. I think I expect too much out of my boys and then I get frustrated when it doesn't happen.

I will tell you that my children are good! They are sweet to each other when they want to be. They help me if I ask. I love my boys and feel very blessed to have them. I think it's more about me having unrealistic expectations. Plus, I have issues with running in Church. I think that adds to it. :)

Does anyone else feel this way??? Am I the only one? Have you found a secret that lets you be laid back about stuff? I'm going to make it a goal to calm down so I can enjoy my children more. But, if you have any advice, feel free to share.

Till next time...
Amanda

P.S. I have not been baking much this week. Just haven't been inspired. I will hopefully get back on track soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you. Sometimes I feel like I must look like the meanest mother on earth in public because I cannot stand for the girls to act like heathens. And they can't stand to not act like heathens. I have to say that the times that I think I'm going to completely lose it and Izzy is screaming in the shopping cart, I always seem to end up in line with an older lady who is so sympathetic and encouraging. It's like when my kids act the worst, these people tell me that I'm doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete