Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Love Recipes!

So, if you can't tell, I love to bake things. Cookies, cakes, whatever! I love to bake. I have no idea why. I just do.  I don't mind cooking but baking is much more fun.

When I was growing up, I loved to make cookies. I didn't do it that much though because Momma liked me to clean up after myself. I'm not a fan of that part. Still not. Oh well.

A couple Christmases ago, I received the fancy Kitchenaid mixer. I LOVE THAT THING! However, I still use my hand mixer that we received for a wedding gift almost 12 years ago. (Thanks, Jill!) My dream is to one day have a kitchen that I can keep all that stuff handy so I can bake easily. Someday...

Anyway...my friend asked where I've been finding recipes lately. So, I thought I would put together a list of my favorite sites! I love to look at blogs, websites, etc. to find new recipes. If it's simple and has ingredients that I like, I'll try to make it eventually.  :)

The Pioneer Woman http://thepioneerwoman.com/
I was so excited the day that I received her cookbook!! The Chocolate Sheet cake is probably my favorite recipe in the whole book.

Tasty Kitchen http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/
This is a link on The Pioneer Woman's page. It's recipes that other people have submitted. There are some great recipes on here and it always fun to look through it.

Southern Plate http://www.southernplate.com/
This is a site that a friend posted on Facebook the other day. I have found a lot of good stuff on there. Simple, southern recipes. YUMMY!

A Year of Slowcooking http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
This is a blog that my friend from Church suggested. I have printed a lot of recipes from it too.

Kraft.com and Pillsbury normally have really good and simple recipes too. I use a lot of them or at least check them out. You can sign up for their weekly emails and they will send you recipes for FREE!

Normally, if I can't find something I want, I Google it to find a site. Allrecipes.com and Cooks.com usually have something if all else fails.

These are just a few of my favorites as of right now. If you have a site you think I might like, let me know. I love recipes!! I had to get a new, bigger, better binder last year for all the ones I have so there's plenty of room to print out more. :)

Thanks for reading.
Amanda

3 comments:

  1. I will have to check those out. I'm in search of new stuff all the time. And I have to have a recipe. I can't improvise in the kitchen. There is a very small handful of recipes I know by heart, but usually I have to have explicit directions. =) My talents are not in the kitchen for sure. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my KitchenAid Mixer!!! I don't even COOK and I STILL love it!!! Sometimes I just mix stuff for the fun of it! LOL :) Do you have the dough hook and the flat mixer thingy too? Those are sooooo awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete